[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Max Khitrov <mkhitrov at umd dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Blocking an IP range - how to?
 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:38:31 -0500
I did some searching on this subject and by the looks of it (unless I
missed something) this isn't possible. If that's the case, then maybe
something to consider for future versions?

I just set up my m0n0wall on my network and so far it seems to be
working fine. However, the way my network is structured is that we have
2 gateways, both of which are connected to the same network and serve
computers on the same subnet. Needed this for 2 public IPs :) Each
computer is assigned to a specific gateway, all it comes down to is
either they use or, no real difference.

Now the other router, lets say which is my m0n0wall, would
be configured in such a way so that if a computer assigned to tries to connect through this one it would be denied access.
On my old d-link box this was pretty easy to do with filters, I would
just say that computers 192.168.1. [10]-[20] are blocked. With m0n0wall
on the other hand, I'm looking but all I can see is a way to block a
single IP. Do I really have to specify every IP separately, or is there
a way to block a range?