[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] booting off a CF card
 Date:  Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:07:13 -0000
> > I am connecting the CF Card reader via the USB port.
> > Is this sort of time normal or am I doing something wrong?

> If it isn't a USB2 card reader, you should consider buying a
> IDE to CF adapter. USB1 is limited to 10Mbit/s.

Does it really matter? I mean, how often are you rebooting your router
anyway (apart from during the testing stages, obviously, and most changes
through the interface are applied without a complete reboot). The only
occasions my m0n0 box gets restarted are software updates (sorry, still
can't manage to call it "firmware" ;-) ) and power outages.

I'd take the advantages of CF over an HDD any day of the week over the speed
advantages of the HDD.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579