[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Khitrov <mkhitrov at umd dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems setting nic to full-duplex
 Date:  Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:46:51 -0500
I've been reading past topics on how to set your nic to full-duplex and
it doesn't seem all that hard, but I'm running into a problem...

When I execute this command: ifconfig em0 media 100BaseTX mediaopt
full-duplex
With em0 being my lan interface, I loose any and all connections to the
firewall. I can't access the webGUI, I can't ping it, I can't run any
other commands, and I got absolutely no resulting output (not even an
error). This is a built-in nic on a Dell GX260 which is supposed to be
gigabit (though I'm running it at 100Mbps) and should most definitely
support full-duplex.

Any suggestions?