[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Greg Smith" <gsmith59 at pacbell dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] autoactivating ipsec
 Date:  Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:51:12 -0800
Seth,

Unfortunately the diag_ping page doesn't work for this task.  [A few
minutes of my life were wasted on that one!]  It seems to ping from the
WAN side without regard to the presence of the VPN.

You should ping from a client on the LAN to the m0n0 or client or
server on the far end of the VPN.  Then the VPN comes to life after a
couple seconds (with net4501, maybe quicker with faster hardware).

Greg