[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PXE Boot
 Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:20:17 -0500
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:08:19 +0100, Christian Guedel <me at blaue0 dot net> wrote:
> Mhm, so I have to do the DHCP things on my masterserver, I don't think
> two DHCP servers on the same network are very usefull ;-)

Not only not very useful, but would cause some fun problems to diagnose.  ;)

> But lets say I have only one diskless client, then its still possible to
> have m0n0 as the dhcp server, right?

Yep.  Even if you have 200 that all need the same options, it'll be
fine.  If you need different options for different systems, then
you'll have to use another DHCP server (or change the m0n0wall source,
or upload a custom dhcpd.conf file at every reboot).

-Chris