[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Load config.xml from m0n0wall cdrom
 Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:39:15 +0100
* Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:28:15 +0100, mika <mikata at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's how to build an iso, yeah, but you'll have to change the
> > > code to make it load config.xml from the CD rather than from a
> > > floppy.

Absolutely, you'll have to find a way to prevent platform 'cdrom'
trying to restore default config.xml to floppy. I think this could
be done somehow by tweaking /etc/inc/config.inc. I didn't drive
deeper into this because i don't really need this 'feature'.

The link i posted was ment to show how to access the code as a first
step.

> Possibly.  Personally I wouldn't waste the time trying to do it, as
> the vast majority of networks aren't static enough to put the config
> on something read only that you have to jump through a bunch of
> hoops to change.

The only pro argument to it is eliminating any writable media which
in some scenarios might be desireable. If you have no floppy and if
you remove the cdrom after boot nobody can steal your setup via
physical access.