[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Load config.xml from m0n0wall cdrom
 Date:  Mon, 29 Nov 2004 01:45:43 +0100
* Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de> wrote:

> Absolutely, you'll have to find a way to prevent platform 'cdrom'
> trying to restore default config.xml to floppy. I think this could
> be done somehow by tweaking /etc/inc/config.inc. I didn't drive
> deeper into this because i don't really need this 'feature'.

Today i accidentally booted my laptop with a m0n0wall-cdrom. It has no
floppy attached to it. There are lots of errors about the missing
floppy device, but finally m0n0wall runs on default config.

So the only thing someone needs to do in order to read his config from
cdrom is replace default config.xml on the image with his own and boot
without floppy.