[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Khitrov <mkhitrov at umd dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems setting nic to full-duplex
 Date:  Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:25:19 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote:

>it's 100baseTX, not 100BaseTX.  Other than that, that looks fine,
>matches what 'man em' says it should be.  If you want to leave it this
>way long term, see this page on adding the media and mediaopt options
>to your config.xml file.
>http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-hiddenopts.html

Thanks, but I've tried 100baseTX and it's the same result. As for the
mediaopt, first I'd rather just get it working once manually. Last time
I put that into the config I couldn't access the webGUI at all, ha to
reset to the defaults.

>Do you really *need* to force its speed and duplex?  If you don't have
>a good reason to do so, you should let it autonegotiate.  There are
>always some quirky situations where you need it, but if it's working
>fine as is, I'd leave well enough alone.

True, but I'd just like to know why it's being detected incorrectly :-(
And it never hurts to be able to send and receive at the same time...