[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] confirmed wifi problem still exists.
 Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:33:52 -0500
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:21:11 +0100, Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de> wrote:

> I tried to reproduce this behaviour, it's slightly different in my
> setup. When i put my client into powersave mode it also locks up.
>
> Other clients also connected via wireless will still have a link
> to the m0n0wall.
>
> But i don't need to reboot the m0n0 box to fix this. I just turn
> off powersave on the client and the link is back.
>
> So for me the problem seems to be on the client side.

I've replicated exactly the same thing here as described above.  I
haven't been able to make wireless completely stop responding, or
disconnect any other clients, by doing as the original poster
described.

> There is no special hostap driver in FreeBSD, it's all done in
> device 'wi'.

I've heard/read somewhere that it's been fixed in 5.x, and am going to
try it when I get a chance.

-Chris