[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mfsroot ... I know its been beaten to death but...
 Date:  Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:18:56 +0000
Hi,

> You'll need to find a linux kernel that permits you ufs read-write
> mounts. I dont't know abut that.

any recent kenel source can be compiled to have RW on UFS. its an [EXPERIMENTAL] option though - so
not only is it v. unlikely to be enabled by default
on a general distro kernel , but you also have to make sure
you've enabled the _nasty-horrible-things-may-kill-my-machine_ flag
(aka enable EXPERIMENTAL features ;-) )

> If you really want to hack m0n0wall, install FreeBSD ;)

now that *is* sound advice :-)

alan