[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pptp tunnels limited to 16 ?
 Date:  Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:50:41 +0100
-------- Message original --------

> I saw that pptp tunnels are limited to 16 tunnels max. Is there a good
> reason why it is limited to 16 tunnels ? Due this is because of mpd ? or
> just for avoid to eat all memory ?

I think to keep m0n0wall usable on low-memory/low-power hardware...

> Another question is how to raise this limit to a higher value ?

Simply fetch Michael's (good) document at:

http://www.michael-i.com/files/presentations/getting_started_m0n0wall_development_v0.1.0_050604.pdf

There is an example (on page 8) which shows you exactly what you need:

"We are also going to expand the PPTP user limit from 16 to 50 and,
consequently, the PPTP subnet mask."

I hope this helps you,

-- Vincent