[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] radius200.exe & NTLM auth
 Date:  Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:28:05 -0500
m0n0wall@1fineday wrote:
> But, now I want to have it proxy to NTLM any auth requests that
can't
> be fulfilled from the radius200 "users" file. In other words, the
> Win2K server where radius200.exe is running has some users in it's
> local SAM ; it is not an AD (domain) server. Is it possible to have
> radius200.exe forward auth requests via NTLM with a "users" file
> entry like this:

Microsoft's IAS (Internet Authentication Service) does not require an
Active Directory. You can use local users. I tested this a while back
using a 2003 server - I was able to connect to the m0n0wall PPTP
server configured to pass RADIUS Authentication to a standalone (non
AD) 2003 server. Just follow the directions at:
http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/m0n0ad/ and substitute the
local user and groups (found on Manage Server) for the "Active
Directory Users and Computers".

James W. McKeand