[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrick W. Fraley" <pf at comsulting dot de>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSec m0n0wall -> LinkSys BEFVP41
 Date:  Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:58:03 +0100
Am Mo, den 29.11.2004 schrieb Chris Buechler um 17:34:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:40:36 +0100, Patrick W. Fraley <pf at comsulting dot de> wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I am having a hard time trying to set up a IPSec VPN Tunnel between a
> > m0n0wall System with a static IP and an Linksys Router BEFVP41 with
> > built in IPSec Support (Real Support not pass thru) with a dynamic IP.
> >
> > LinkSys 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 (Dynamic IP) -> m0n0wall (Static IP)
> > 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
> >
> > Now :
> > 1) Does anyone have this kind of Setup working (is it possible)?
> >

> I have set up a BEFVP41 before, only for testing purposes.  This would
> work (though I found it to be pretty flaky no matter what I connected
> it to, m0n0wall or other IPsec devices), if you had a static IP on the
> Linksys side.  With an IP that changes every 24 hours, this isn't
> feasible with m0n0wall.
>
> -Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris, though this was not what I wanted to hear. ;o)

Now what does not feasible mean?  Does it mean it is not possible, or does it mean it is possible,
just not worth the effort?

What other options do I have to connect two networks together, one with a dynamic IP?

Any hints would be much appreciated!

TIA
Patrick