[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP Relay not working?
 Date:  Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:02:37 -0500
BD wrote:
> Currently, I live in a dorm room at San Diego State University. What
> I'm trying to do, is setup m0n0wall as a firewall, but have the SDSU
> DHCP servers still assign IP addresses to computers behind the m0n0
> firewall.

Is there a compelling reason to use the DHCP provided by the
University? Do you have an app that does not like NAT, and must use a
IP provided by the University?

Question to list: When the DHCP relay "relays" a DHCP request, does
the source MAC address of the host requesting the IP stay the same or
change with the NAT? Or is BD's problem solved by Berry's suggestion
to add firewall rules to allow the DHCP traffic.

James W. McKeand