[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] confirmed wifi problem still exists.
 Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:05:59 +0100
* Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:21:11 +0100, Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de> wrote:
> > So for me the problem seems to be on the client side.
> >

> I've replicated exactly the same thing here as described above.  I
> haven't been able to make wireless completely stop responding, or
> disconnect any other clients, by doing as the original poster
> described.

Well, i tried it again, pinging my 'AP' for some longer time:

419 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 97% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 2.703/3.686/5.471/0.848 ms

There's a connection, but it's very poor. While pinging i ran
tcpdump on the m0n0 side and it's responding to every single
ping.

Btw: The original poster has device wi1. So what about wi0? Maybe
there's a hardware conflict.

> > There is no special hostap driver in FreeBSD, it's all done in
> > device 'wi'.
> >

> I've heard/read somewhere that it's been fixed in 5.x, and am going to
> try it when I get a chance.

I have 5.3 running on another box and there's also trouble with
wireless (didn't try the powersave though).

If you really need AP-functionality with m0n0wall i guess
best bet at the moment is connecting AP-Hardware to it.