[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrick W. Fraley" <pf at comsulting dot de>
 To:  Nicolas Bussieres <nicolasb at altaspectra dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, "M0n0wall at Lists dot M0n0. Ch" <M0n0wall at Lists dot >
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSec m0n0wall -> LinkSys BEFVP41
 Date:  Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:22:35 +0100
That is what I was trying, but it does not seem to work (see error log
in my original post).  Also in the Mobileclient Setup there is no way to
specify the Network/Netmask of the other Network (and is that not
necesarry for routing?).

Am Di, den 30.11.2004 schrieb Nicolas Bussieres um 16:00:
> Wouldnt this be possible , using mobile ipsec tunnels ?
>
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 02:58, Patrick W. Fraley wrote:

> > > I have set up a BEFVP41 before, only for testing purposes.  This would
> > > work (though I found it to be pretty flaky no matter what I connected
> > > it to, m0n0wall or other IPsec devices), if you had a static IP on the
> > > Linksys side.  With an IP that changes every 24 hours, this isn't
> > > feasible with m0n0wall.
> > >
> > > -Chris
> > >

> > Thanks for the reply Chris, though this was not what I wanted to hear. ;o)
> >
> > Now what does not feasible mean?  Does it mean it is not possible, or does it mean it is
possible, just not worth the effort?

> > What other options do I have to connect two networks together, one with a dynamic IP?
> >
> > Any hints would be much appreciated!
> >
> > TIA
> > Patrick

***************************************