[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Xawiers" <xawiers at undine dot lt>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Alternate ISP connection and serial com console
 Date:  Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:22:27 +0200
Hello,

Our ISP had problems yesterday so we had no internet. Question is: does m0n0wall has a possibility
for backup internet connection ? For example when primary ISP fails, backup connection should be
oppened. Or a possibility to have 2 (or more) ISP's with load balance ?

On FBSD 5.3 with pf this was explained very simply in pf manual "Address Pools and Load Balancing"
topic. I don't know how it should be done with ip filter.

Another question: I have generic-pc m0n0wall, can I connect to firewall console via serial com ?
This is needed when installing first time - I have only laptop and don't want to bring monitor with
me (coz it's heavy).

BR
---
Xawiers