[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Craig Ogier" <baloor at bigpond dot net dot au>
 To:  "'James W. McKeand'" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Settings to allow Sonicwall VPN client connection from LAN PC
 Date:  Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:16:37 +1000
The Sonicwall VPN client version I was provided is version 2.0.0.1113
I have asked our Administrator and he has confirmed that NAT Traversal is
enabled on the Sonicwall end.
From viewing the connection logs on the client, NAT Traversal is enabled
when I connect from another location that is behind a Smoothwall box.

The VPN connection utilises user certificates. Not sure if this makes things
significantly different than just shared secret.

The connection log in the Sonicwall Global VPN Client fails at:
Starting ISAKMP phase 1 negotiation.
The peer is not responding to phase 1 requests.

If I take the M0n0wall out of the equation, I connect immediately.