[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Plugins support on m0n0 web interface ?
 Date:  Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:36:16 -0200
> Yes sure !  Especialy if we can share all our work...
>
> About MemoryFS, can we also mount a local disk for example, logfiles or
> whatever ? If so my boss will be really pleased about that (and me too
> for some other projects ...)

The main ideia in this new module system is to be easy to add and remove
modules even from the webgui. The first Ideia is no to use any kind ok
mass storage, cause this will make us loose in stability and break the
development goals of the M0n0 project.

The logfiles in mono is a huge problem, cause all is done to be used on
embbeded enviroments, so make them fit in another place is hard, cause
you will need to kick out clog and other stuff. Very hard to acomplish.

Jean