[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 To:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Plugins support on m0n0 web interface ?
 Date:  Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:44:47 +0100

>> Yes sure !  Especialy if we can share all our work...
>> About MemoryFS, can we also mount a local disk for example, logfiles
>> or whatever ? If so my boss will be really pleased about that (and me
>> too for some other projects ...)
>
> The main ideia in this new module system is to be easy to add and
> remove modules even from the webgui. The first Ideia is no to use any
> kind ok mass storage, cause this will make us loose in stability and
> break the development goals of the M0n0 project.

Yeah I understant that... In fact I was afraid that Manuel doesn't want
such "evolutions" of M0n0 project. The idea that we can add allmost any
options to the webgui help me a lot.. M0n0 is a great work, but some
end users want a "monolitic" think in a box... Eg for example a
firewall / captive portal  / tunnel server / mail server / whatever....
I don't like this... but marketing people like this... :(

> The logfiles in mono is a huge problem, cause all is done to be used
> on embbeded enviroments, so make them fit in another place is hard,
> cause you will need to kick out clog and other stuff. Very hard to
> acomplish.

This one of what I'd like to do... Maybe add some more software should
be an idea :) but as a plugin of 3rd party software....

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/