[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PXE Boot
 Date:  Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:36:14 -0500
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:14:00 +0100, Christian Guedel <me at blaue0 dot net> wrote:
> Am I right, when I think that next-server is the masterserver which contains the image?
> And the filename is the image path on the masterserver?

That's correct.  Exactly the same as the dhcpd.conf options by those names.

> But how can I tell m0n0 to use the image /diskless/foo.img for the macadress xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx?

You can't get that specific.  Manuel has stated in the past that if
you're using PXE boot, you should really be using a full blown server
as your DHCP server (and I agree, if you're PXE booting, you have
another server you can use), so I wouldn't anticipate seeing that
capability in the future.  The DHCP server in m0n0wall is intended for
small networks that have no servers.

-Chris