[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Martin Cavanagh <mac24nz at yahoo dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Measurement
 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 2004 00:12:42 +0100
I'm trying to get control of an outofcontrol student hostel DSL
connection.  We have 10 people using the connection, its fast, but its
not fast enough, because lots of the people here are using p2p.  I've
migrated to m0n0wall because I found that bandwidth control didn't come
easy in smoothwall.  Everything so far sounds good & normal.

But i would also like to be able to see, who uses the data cap and how
much they use.  That is, we have 60GB per month or we have to pay more
per month, so we are quite motivated to keep it within the threshold.
Our ISP allows us to check how much we have used, but I would like to be
able to see which user inside our LAN uses the data cap (I expect to be
one of the worst culprits...)

Is there a mod for m0n0wall for this - or is there a way to measure
outgoing traffic from the m0nowall over SNMP packets or anything?

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Martin