[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason J. Ellingson" <jason at ellingson dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] What hardware will I need?
 Date:  Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:27:31 -0600
All my m0n0walls are on P2-450MHz computers with 256MB RAM.  They all push
far beyond 3MBit.  In fact, my most heavily used m0n0 is on a 10 MBit line
at a server colocation center and has no problems giving me the full
bandwidth.  Even IPSEC (blowfish algo) screams along.

Now if/when m0n0 supports SMP, I'll benefit as these are all dual 450's...
but sadly, m0n0 only uses one CPU right now.

nudge, nudge to any developers out there...
Jason J Ellingson
Technical Consultant

615.301.1682 : nashville
612.605.1132 : minneapolis