[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mr. listman" <savethelist at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Measurement
 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:14:04 +0100
With m0n0wall alone u won't be able to see exactly whose using how many
bandwith, my advise here is the add a proxy server next to your m0n0wall,
and use transparant proxy,

ON the proxy server u can then see exactly whose doing what...
I don't think that u'll also be able to see the exact amount of bandwith
being used with the proxy either, u might need to use an add-on, ex. we use
Squid Proxy Server, and ontop of that we have Smart Filter, u can also obt
for using WebTrends Proxy analyzer or some tool in that catagory to read the
  proxy logs, and u'll see exactly whose using how much of the bandwith...

If u take the route, u'll either need to mark you pc's with specific names
or ip addreses, unless u are using MS ISA server, which u can tie into the
domain, and see exactly whose login name was doing what..

hope this little info helped