[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ben Z <b underscore zarboni at rogers dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Known issues with m0n0wall/hostAP?
 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:07:29 -0500
Hi all;

I've been trying to use m0n0wall in a wireless network with limited
success. I have read many previous posts abut WEP and DHCP problems, so,
for the moment WEP is disabled.

Here's the situation:

I set up a Soekris board to act as an Access Point, and a Wrap board as
a wireless client. The Wrap board is connected to my PC on its LAN port,
and the WAN has been set to wi0 so it can listen to my Soekris/m0n0wall
AP. The Soekris board has the OPT1 as the wi0 port, and I have bridged
it to LAN (which is set up as a DHCP server).

I have had LOTS of trouble handing out an IP address from the Soekris
board to the Wrap board. It seems to hand out an IP address after a
strange sequence of rebooting both boards in different orders. After a
while, magically the Wrap board will reboot with an IP address.

I know its not a problem of wireless signal as my Wrap board (set to BSS
mode) is associating with the Soerkis board. It seems to be some sort of
DHCP issue on the Soekris Access Point config.

I have tested with a separate laptop and wireless card. It also has a
lot of trouble getting an IP address from the m0n0wall board.

Any ideas? Anyone know of any issues in the hostap drivers??

Thanks,

Ben Z