[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rudolf Ladyzhenskii" <Rudolf dot ladyzhenskii at opennw dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VPN problem (possibly firewall problem)
 Date:  Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:15:55 +1100
Hi, all

I am trying to set up an IPSec conenction between m0n0wall and a VPN router.

I set up both ends, but no VPN connection happens. Then I decided to sniff the traffic and this
showed some problems.

Router sends ISAKMP request to the m0n0wall and it replies with ICMP "destination unreachable/port
unreachable (Type 3/code3).

Request goes onto UDP port 500.
I have modified default firewall rule to accept anything. I have also select an option to log all
packets matched by the rule. Now, this is supposed to show all packets, right? Well, my firewall log
is empty. I have tried to ping the m0n0wall machine, but firewall log is still empty. (m0n0wall
responds to pings OK).

I am lost.

Any help will be greatly apperciated.

Thanks,
/*******************************************************/
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii
Senior Design Engineer
Open Networks Pty. Ltd.
Level 26, 35 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
e-mail: rudolfl dot ladyzhenskii at opennw dot com
phone: +61 3 9656 5107
fax:     +61 3 9656 5122
web: www.opennw.com