[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  jesse at wingnet dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] serial interface support (external/internal POTS modems)
 Date:  Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:58:54 -0200
Mitch (WebCob) wrote:
> Let's assume for the moment you DID disable the console - how would you
> reconfigure the box??!?!

You can keep it configured using the webgui, there is no probelm, but if
you loose the password or anything bad hapens to your system, you must
reinstall it. Not a very hard task keeping in mind that you have a
backup of your configurations.

Another thing we can do is for full PC to use one of the serial ports.
And some embbeded boxes still have serial port to not have to disable
the console.

> I don't think there is an option to run WITHOUT a console - I could be
> wrong, but it doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

You can not run without yet, but you can disable it. Why not use it
while disabled?

Jean