[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Morten Trab" <mailing at trab dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  [VPN] Remotehost is unreachable
 Date:  Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:57:27 +0100

I'm trying to connect 2 LAN networks with m0n0wall in my end as the server
and PPTPclient on the other end (a linux box)...

Connection works (at leat the connection is made)...
When the client is using the server as default gateway everything seems to
work, but when it's now and I set up the route to use for the remote LAN, I
just get "Remotehost unreachable" when pinging from my network to the

m0n0wall static route:

Interface 	Network	  	Gateway

(the client have static IP assigned in the VPN server)

Client route scheme:

[root@server root]# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface   *      UH    0      0        0 ppp0
80.197.x.x      *        U     0      0        0 eth0   UG    1      0        0 ppp0     *        U     0      0        0 eth1       *            U     0      0        0 lo
default         50C5xxxx.flatra         UG    0      0        0 eth0

And for some reason I can't even ping the VPN server from the client...

Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards,
Morten Trab