[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Khitrov <mkhitrov at umd dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DMZ by IP?
 Date:  Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:11:56 -0500
Hi everyone,

Just a little curious, I don't have my server up yet, but when it's
ready to go I would need to connect it and make it accessible from the
outside of my network. Is it possible to set this up by IP, or is the
only way to have a DMZ host is a 3rd nic? The problem that I will have
if it can't be done by IP is that, since my whole network is gigabit,
having data to and from the server transferred through the regular PCI
bus on the firewall will be rather damaging to the performance, not to
mention that I would need to replace the current nics in there.

Please help me out,
Thanks.