 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Plugins support on m0n0 web interface ?
 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:05:23 +0100
On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 14:44, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
> end users want a "monolitic" think in a box... Eg for example a
> firewall / captive portal  / tunnel server / mail server / whatever....
> I don't like this... but marketing people like this... :(

Sure, but in that case don't send them after a monowall. Point them to
SME of ClarkConnect. The only thing on your list they don't support of
the disc is captive portal (if that hasn'e also been implemented there
;-))

> This one of what I'd like to do... Maybe add some more software should
> be an idea :) but as a plugin of 3rd party software....

An option to stream the logfile to a harddisk for later download would
be great if you don't have a local server running.

I'm going to have remote sites connected via VPN, where all servers are
located at the central-office, so there is nowhere to keep logs in case
of a crash.

I have had situations in our current setup, where a
router/ISP-connection screwed up, but no logs availbale to help find the
error. They can be realy hard to debug ;-)