[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <mono at centrum dot sk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  <wipe underscore out at users dot sourceforge dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Allocate a dedicated amount of bandwidth to one host?
 Date:  Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:06:28 +0100
Sorry i forgot, you have to create two pipes, one in and one out with direction NONE. And then
create queues as described bellow with directions in resp. out.

Robo.K.

0000

Dual pipe is hard solution, without possibility borrowing bandwidth between them. My experiences are
such:
You can create one pipe for all traffic, but if you create queues you can create one queue for VoIP
with priority forexample 10. The another queue you create for PC traffic where uses the some pipe
and this queue will have priority 2.  WHat happens. My pracise is, that PC load some files from
internet and suddenly VoIP starts communicate, traffic of PC is stopped or is minimal and VoIP has
full stream. If VoIP is ended communicate PC traffis starts  continue. There is interesting, if will
you create queue for PC traffic with priority 4 /so no 2/ traffic between PC and VoIP will be
divided 3:5. If pripority 10 for VoIP is not enough you can then number increase to whatever you
want.