[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Pettit <scott at pettit dot net dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Allocate a dedicated amount of bandwidth to one host?
 Date:  Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:32:39 +1300
mono at centrum dot sk wrote:
> Sorry i forgot, you have to create two pipes, one in and one out with direction NONE. And then
create queues as described bellow with directions in resp. out.

Given you say you want to dedicate some bandwidth for VOIP, and if
dedicate implies what's running through my mind - here I have created
two pipes, one for voip and one for everything else, my voip is set at
64k and my other pipe is set at 192k.

Then using that I send all traffic on voip ports to the 64k pipe, and
everything else to the 192k pipe.

Create each of those pipes twice and this should dedicate 64k to voip
and 192k to internet.

If the voip rule is at the top, voip packets will be caught and sent to
the 64k pipe, and a rule matching anything on any port will send stuff
to the 192k pipe.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned - I haven't read through the

-Scott