[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kev Latimer <kev at ne23 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Public IP's on OPT
 Date:  Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:23:50 +0000
Hallo all,

I posted a question on this sometime last month, but I don't think I did
a very good job of explaining what I wanted to do so I'm having another
go now that I actually have the kit up and running :)

I have an EPIA box with 2 onboard NIC's and a D-Link 4-Port card (a
DFE-580TX if anybody wants a m0n0 compatible one, runs using ste
(sundance?)).

The onboard ports are LAN (vr0) and WAN (vr1), which sits on a 2MB ADSL
line.  The four other ports are OPT1-4 (ste0 - ste3) and the intention
is to have 4 further ADSL lines (just 512down/256up), the logic behind
this being that I can get 1MB of total upstream over 4 lines for a lot
cheaper than a 1MB up SDSL line and there's at least some scope for
fault tolerance should one DSL router die.

These 4 ADSL lines on the OPT interfaces are to be used for IPSEC only,
and will link to each of our other offices for a VPN.  There is no
intention of using these for load balancing or failover, all 'regular'
outgoing traffic will be routed over the 2MB.

So far, I've got OPT1 on it's public IP, but without being able to
specify any gateways it's going to have trouble seeing anything, and
indeed, I can't see the interface from a colo box I've got out in the wild.

I'm assuming there has to be some way of doing this, simply because you
can specify OPTx as the local endpoint for an IPSEC tunnel - has anyone
got any pointers?

Please?? lol

Cheers ll,

Kev