[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <mono at centrum dot sk>
 To:  <scott at pettit dot net dot nz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Allocate a dedicated amount of bandwidth to one host?
 Date:  Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:32:55 +0100
It isn`t sdo easy.
We must have sum of all pipes bellow maximum bandwidth our line.
192+64=256 .
For example we have 256kb line. If shaper is created as you decrbed or described Dan Bond, still is
situation, tahat is 64kb fixed for VoIP and for PC traffic remain only 192kbit. Ofcourse, if there
is wide line T1 or what, thre is separate pipes best solution, clear. What i described is for
situation where you want use no wide connection effectivelly.
Regrads
Robok>

> Od: Scott Pettit <scott at pettit dot net dot nz>
> Komu: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> CC:
> Datum: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:32:39 +1300
> Predmet: Re: [m0n0wall] Allocate a dedicated amount of bandwidth to one host?
>
> mono at centrum dot sk wrote:
> > Sorry i forgot, you have to create two pipes, one in and one out with direction NONE. And then
create queues as described bellow with directions in resp. out.