[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problems with new DSL-Modems: Bug in PPPoE?
 Date:  Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:15:34 +0100
Today I tried a new DSL-Modem with a wrap. The Modem is a Netgear DG632B in Bridged Mode (you also
can use this device as router but it is set to bridged mode). In the logs of the m0n0 you see that

but always the same event. This also happens with a Marconi ADSL-Modem. The old Netgear Modem DM602B
works with the same m0n0wall and the same config. So does another Modem I have.

same DSL-Line. LAN-Connection from m0n0 to the Modems are ok, as I am able to connect to the
Webinterfaces of the Modems through the m0n0, if I configure the WAN port as static.

I tested with m0n0 Image 1.11 and 1.2b2. same results.

Any thoughts about that? Maybe it would be nice to have a kind of compatibilitylist which modems
work with the m0n0 and which firmware the modems have.
Until today I never had problems with DSL-Modems and the m0n0 but today I found out 2 types that

Regards,
Holger Bauer

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 15.0.1300 from 02.12.2004