[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jason Allen <jallen at effortlesse dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall @ colocation facility
 Date:  Mon, 06 Dec 2004 00:01:14 -0800
I have a question about m0n0wall. I intend to use it at our colocation
facility to provide firewall and VPN services for our network. My
question is this: I have 128 IP addresses assigned to me by my colo
facility. Those IP's are used on 3 different servers that I want to sit
behind the firewall. Ideally I would like not to use NAT, and just keep
the IP's configured the way they are on the servers, i.e. not to have
internal IP's on the servers at all. Is this possible? I think it may be
from what I've read using Advanced Outbound NAT, although I'm not sure.
So basically I would like the firewall to just be a "passthrough" and
just have the firewall'ing functions work to drop traffic I haven't
authorized.

If this will work this way, would my colo facility have to add anything
into their routers to make it work? Also, would I need to change
anything on the servers at all, like the default gateway?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!