[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] webGUI from WAN question
 Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:59:27 +0000
Chris

I have this running at a number of locations, all using DHCP on the WAN side.

IF I know the range of addresses handed out by the DHCP server then I set the
rule so that inbound to this range is permitted.  Otherwise it has to be
'any' as you suggest.  There seems no easy way around this, even using one of
the dynamic DNS sites as ipf only resolves names when it starts.

Peter

On Monday 06 December 2004 01:33, Chris Buechler wrote:
> I just updated this FAQ.
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-webGUI-from-WAN.html
>
> The example shown will only work if you have a static public IP.  I'm
> looking for a sanity check.  If your WAN is DHCP, you'll have to set
> the destination to any, right?
>
> For situations like this, maybe the destination should have WAN
> interface address as an option in the drop down.  Or am I missing
> something?

believed to be clean.