[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Federico Krum" <federico at thehost dot com dot ar>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  firewall blocking the EDNS responses > 512 octets
 Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:01:44 -0300
Hi All.

I use m0n0wall as a filtering bridge. A DNS server is behind it. While I use
this DNS from inside my internal network, I can browse with internet
explorer www.symantec.com because the resolved packets don't go through
m0n0wall. But if I am outside my network, I can't browse Symantec.

I thought it was a virus, but guess what, by changing the DNS server to some
other I was able to browse Symantec's website. Strange.

So I googled a bit and found this:

It ends saying

: You have a firewall blocking the EDNS responses > 512 octets.
: Contact your firewall vendor for an upgrade.

Any clue?