[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <moneal at alpdev dot com>, "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Accessing public IP behind firewall.
 Date:  Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:01:48 -0500
Morgan O'Neal wrote:
> The only way that I can see to do this now is grab
> the config.xml from status.php and check to see if it already has
> domain and if not post the information to the DNS forward add form.
> This would be really slow because of the disk writes and feels
> If anyone has a better idea please let me know.

Use the backup and restore page in the diagnostics to download
(backup) the config.xml to a workstation, edit the file directly, then
upload (restore) the edited file, and reboot m0n0wall. I would suggest
that you enter at least one of the domains before you backup the
config.xml, this would be so you can have an example of the correct

James W. McKeand