[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kev Latimer <kev at ne23 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public IP's on OPT
 Date:  Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:03:55 +0000
Thanks for the reply Josh, apologies I haven't had a chance to give it a
go, the servers this thing is going to route have absorbed my time.

So, I added a static route to the public IP of a m0n0wall I have out in
the wild (for testing ) via OPT2 (OPT1 is routing direct to our current
production LAN), via. the IP of my DSL router that OPT2 lives on the
same subnet as.

I set up firewall rules to allow anything coming in on OPT2 to see
OPT2's public IP (again, relaxed for testing).  However, the remote
m0n0wall still cannot see OPT2's public IP, either for IPSEC or for pinging.

I can ping OPT2's IP and the gateway defined in the static route so the
cabling must be okay,and the ADSL connection is live and definitely works.

Anyone care to point out the obvious mistake? :)

Kev