[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "rzirzi" <rzirzi at konrad dot pl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on vmware
 Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:35:00 +0000
Robert

Make sure that your VM is set to use the vlance devices type (vmxnet is
selected by default for some guest OS's).

Make sure you run the generic or iso version of m0n0 - none of the other
images have a generic kernel, so won't find any of the VMware network
devices.

It does work - I use VMware extensively for development and testing  - you
just need to fiddle arounf with the settings until you find one that works
for you.

Rgds

Peter

On Monday 06 December 2004 21:35, rzirzi wrote:
> hello,
>
> i can't run m0nowall on vmware, because
> it isn't detecting virtual LAN-cards. Why?
>
> Robert

believed to be clean.