[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Zeb Bakken" <zeb at communicationsadvantage dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "Eric Shippam" <eric dot shippam at CAnetmail dot com>
 Subject:  Filtering Bridge.
 Date:  Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:53:46 -0800
Hello,

A little background on what I am doing:

I have a pcencines WRAP board with 2 NICs and a 10MB CF that I have installed m0n0wall on. I have
enabled the Filtering Bridge in the System: Advanced function section. I have created Firewall Rules
to allow all traffic on WAN and all traffic on LAN. But I am not passing traffic through the device.

I have spent some time looking through the archives and find more questions than answers. Has anyone
out there had any success using the filtering bridge feature? I am not very familiar with FreeBSD.
But I have gathered that there is a file called sysctl.conf where one can pass options to the kernel
and where one may specify which interfaces should be bridged. Does this need to happen somehow? I
have gone as far as intstalling FreeBSD 4.10 on a desktop machine and connecting the CF from the
WRAP board as the secondary master to see if I could locate a sysctl.conf file. I could not. I could
find a "boot" directory, a "conf" directory, mfsroot.gz and kernel.gz . Maybe I am not mounting the
right partition. I still have not looked in the kernel.gz file yet either. Am I looking in the wrong
direction? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.