[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Scheer <listen at autechre dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Question about generating cert
 Date:  Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:07:19 +0100
"Matt Juszczak" <matt at atopia dot net> wrote:

> I noticed that the certs used for the captive portal HTTPS support in m0n0wall need to be in PEM
format.  I am not familiar with PEM format (unless its an alternate name for something I use all the
time).

> To get a certificate from verisign, can I still use:
>
> openssl req -new -nodes -keyout private.key -out public.csr
>
> Or is there something special I need to do for PEM?

I am no more into it but wrote down command lines. The -config flag
was necessary for win32 openssl so you might leave that out.

openssl req -config openssl.cnf -new -nodes > cert.csr
openssl x509 -in cert.csr -out cert.pem -req -signkey private.pem