[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Bottrill" <david at bottrill dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reverse Proxy for access to monowall remotely
 Date:  Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:19:43 -0000 (GMT)
Kyle Carter said:
> Has anyone successfully got monowall reverse proxied.. I have a webserver
> behind the firewall and nat'd fine, it works, however I have a subdir on
> this apache server setup to reverse proxy..
>
> This works kindof, however the main problem I have is some of the links
> are
> returned as the links use the servername, and remove the /monowall/ dir
> from
> the path?
>
> In httpd.conf
> <Location /monowall>
> ProxyPass http://firewall.domain.com
> ProxyPassReverse http://firewall.domain.com
> SSLRequire %{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE} >= 128
> SSLRequireSSL
> </Location>
>
> Anyone have a solution?

I mentioned this on the list a few months ago as I have the same problem.
As I recall no useful suggestions were forthcomming, so I've just worked
around the problem by manually editing the URLs when needed.

I intend to look into using proxypass with virtual domains on Apache to
see if that will fix the problem. However in my mind it would be more
consistent  to make all hyperlinks in M0n0wall relative, this used to be
the case prior to version 1.

--
David Bottrill

david at bottrill dot org