[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Public IP's on OPT
 Date:  Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:29:51 -0500
Kev Latimer wrote:

> Okay, I'm clearly doing something extremely stupid here.
> Traceroutes from both ends die at the router just before they get to the
> subnet OPT2 lies on, ie at the m0n0 from my LAN side and at BT's router
> just before it gets to ours from the other end.

I've been able to get traceroutes working from the internet to my OPT1
DMZ, but I have yet to be able to get traceroutes working from the LAN to
the internet. But remember, traceroute not only uses ICMP, it also uses
UDP ports 33435 - 33524.

If anyone knows how to get traceroutes working from my LAN to the internet
while using advanced outbound NAT on the LAN, please let me know.

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)