[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Public IP's on OPT
 Date:  Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:29:51 -0500
Kev Latimer wrote:

> Okay, I'm clearly doing something extremely stupid here.
>
> Traceroutes from both ends die at the router just before they get to the
> subnet OPT2 lies on, ie at the m0n0 from my LAN side and at BT's router
> just before it gets to ours from the other end.

I've been able to get traceroutes working from the internet to my OPT1
DMZ, but I have yet to be able to get traceroutes working from the LAN to
the internet. But remember, traceroute not only uses ICMP, it also uses
UDP ports 33435 - 33524.

If anyone knows how to get traceroutes working from my LAN to the internet
while using advanced outbound NAT on the LAN, please let me know.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,