[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: m0n0 not booting after power off condition
 Date:  Thu, 09 Dec 2004 09:54:02 -0500
Morten Paulsen wrote:

> Then it would say missing boot system but it doesn't it just hangs
> there.

No, it's the hard drive. I'm having the same problem with Windows
XP on a laptop HDD right now. I copied the main partition at a low
level with `dd`, but now all I get is a black screen at boot. I've
tried `fixboot C:`, `fixmbr`, and `bootcfg /REBUILD` from with
recovery console to correct the boot sector to no avail. I don't
have a clue how to fix it. Let me know if you find out.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,