[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Morgan O'Neal <ghostbyte at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing public IP behind firewall.
 Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:30:16 -0800
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:26:47 -0500, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:40:08 -0800, Morgan O'Neal <ghostbyte at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > My company recently moved our mail server behind our m0n0wall firewall
> > but we are having problems connecting to the public ip from behind the
> > firewall.
> >

> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-lannat.html
>
> -Chris

DNS forward works great. Looks like I should have done a bit more
reading before posting.

The only problem is I have ~500 domaisn that need to be changed to
access the private IPs. I can easily make a script that can give me
all the data I need to add to my m0n0wall config but I don't know of a
easy way to do this. Does anyone know of a easy way to interface with
m0n0wall remotely. The only way that I can see to do this now is grab
the config.xml from status.php and check to see if it already has the
domain and if not post the information to the DNS forward add form.
This would be really slow because of the disk writes and feels wrong.
If anyone has a better idea please let me know.