[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Mather" <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SSL signing
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:34:09 +1100
All

Am going through the motions of providing ssl on the fw login, and for
the captive portal authentication ..

I used the openssl for win32 and generated the cert and key, no probs
there, all installed on the m0n0 and seems to work ...

However, when I try and connect to the m0n0 it gives me the warning box
stating:

The security cert was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust
... etc

The cert date is valid (yay)

The name on the security cert is invalid or does not match the name of
the site

And I have to click yes to proceed ... now, I'm not worried about the
name thing at the bottom, it just displays that as I am connecting via
ipsec to it, and the fw name resolves to a different Ip .. it's the top
one I need to get rid of ... is there a way to do this ? or am I doomed
to having to purchase an ssl cert from a 'chosen provider'

cheers

Dore Achievement Centres (Pty) Ltd - Hotline: 1300 55 77 11

www.dorecentres.com.au

This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information
and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you
are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. If you have received it in error please notify us
immediately by telephoning 1300 55 77 11 and destroy this e-mail and
any attachments. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
The content of this email is not necessarily that of the Dore Acievement
Centres unless otherwise specified.  This email was scanned for possible
viruses and was sent on 10/12/2004 by barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au to m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch