[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Gysin <cgysin at gmx dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SSL signing
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:46:25 +0100
Barry Mather wrote:
> And I have to click yes to proceed ... now, I'm not worried about the
> name thing at the bottom, it just displays that as I am connecting via
> ipsec to it, and the fw name resolves to a different Ip .. it's the top
> one I need to get rid of ... is there a way to do this ? or am I doomed
> to having to purchase an ssl cert from a 'chosen provider'

If you have selfsigned this cert, you could import your certificate in
your browser, which removes the warning. If you want anybody to
automatically accept your cert without a warning, you have to get it
signed by a company whose cert is already included in the browser
(Verisign comes to mind).

Another (free) method would be to get it signed by cacert.org, and hope
that the cacert will soon be included in all mozilla products.

Christoph
--
echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3