[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Christoph Gysin" <cgysin at gmx dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] feature request
 Date:  Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:18:33 +0100 (CET)
Christoph Gysin said:
> Barry Mather wrote:
>> Would be good to include a logout button that ditches the auth session,
>> for fairly obvious reasons ...
>
> I also vote for this feature. Is there any reason why this isn't in
> monowall yet?

You can't really "logout" with HTTP authentication; you'd have to convince
your browser to forget the login credentials that you entered, so it's a
browser issue. There's no "session" on m0n0wall that could be killed; the
credentials are sent with each request. We could return a 401 response, as
this makes some browsers clear the cached credentials, but AFAIR this
isn't necessarily true.

- Manuel